My nice green spring grass has turned brown and prickly. I wonder if you have seen grass like this too? I started watering it for hours a day a few days ago and still it looks dead.
My neighbor's grass is green and soft still. Why? They have a sprinkler system that waters the grass for 30 minutes a day.
This reminds me of what our brains sometimes go through in the summer.
Some of us have let our brains get dry and brown, for these people it will take a while for "watering" to turn them back. During this time you have to work hard just to unbrown your brain, you are working hard JUST TO GET BACK to where you were before it turned brown, you aren't growing new grass (getting smarter).
Others have "watered" our brains for 30 minutes most days. How? By reading and maybe doing a few math problems here and there on a consistent schedule.
Video games and TV dry out your brain quickly, if your parents let you do those things in the summer counter the bad effect with more reading.
I hope you understand what I am trying to say.
Mr. Kromer
dear mr.kromer your right about dry brains i read every night because i love to read and because i have nothing to do. ha ha But i watch tv through 10:00am and 11:00am which is probobly okay for my brain right?
ReplyDeletesincerley,
izabela deman
Izabela, great job on reading every night. I do most of my reading at night too. Why do you watch TV at 10:00? Is it your favorite show or something? I think your brain can handle an hour a day :)
ReplyDeleteWhat are you reading right now? What is your favorite book or series/author?
Mr. Kromer
i watch tv at 10:00 because my mom saids that were on a tv sceduele and then we do table time after tv and after table time we go to the hartland acwatice center and swim a hour and a half after that we get a few minets of tv after diner and thats our sceduele right now whats your scduele? my books that im reading right now is the lily series see you tommarow.
ReplyDeletesincerely
izabela deman
Sounds like you are on a good schedule. My schedule varies a lot. I get up at 6 and exercise and do devotions, when my children get up I do things with them or I do repair work around the house. Today we spent 3 hours at my parent's house swimming in their lake.
ReplyDeleteI have a daughter named Lillie :) what did you mean you will see me tomorrow?
Mr. Kromer