Class Rules

Don't be average, be above average.
Strive to be healthy, happy and hard working.
Respect starts with your attitude towards your parents.
Seize the day, you aren't ever getting another chance at today.
Don't waste!--time, money, happiness...right down to toilet paper.
Ignorance is a choice, if you don't know something...find out.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Reading and Reading Logs

     I hope you are all reading. Lillie (my daughter going into 4th grade) picked up some books from the library yesterday. She was excited and surprised that she quickly read and finished a Junie B Jones book. It didn't take her long to read it, maybe an hour, maybe two.
    Later she came to me and asked me if that was a "3rd grade book". I told her that a lot of 3rd graders do read Junie B. She said she just "discovered" she liked them so she wanted to read them now and was that ok?
I told her it was fine, if you are motivated to read them, read them.
    I hope you all are finding things that motivate you to read. If not then go to the library and grab some books! Join the summer reading program while you are at it. Remember to keep working on those reading logs you received from your teacher (or make your own). 
 Mr. Kromer

No comments:

Post a Comment